SarTime is a patented, automatic, computerized system that measures conductivity (residence time), steam chest temperature, peg feeder RPM, and flaker motor amp draw. Custom reports, event alerts, and real time and historical data is accessible from all mobile and desktop devices.
- Safe - Employees no longer need to do manual dye tests.
- Quick - Perform a measurement with the push of a button.
- Reliable - Computer PLC based system automatically senses when it can proceed.
- Easy to use - SarTime Features a touch screen
- Flexible - SarTime has control of flaking costs, Flake bushel weight, starch gelatinization and moisture inputs
- Helps you by sending event alerts via email/text
Control Flaking Costs
The longer the grain spends in the chest, the higher the cost. Principally, the flaker motor electrical and boiler fuel costs contribute to the overall flaking cost. By reducing the residence time to an optimal level, one can reduce the cost of flaking significantly. The grain needs to be at the correct temperature before it enters the rolls for flaking. However, if an abundance of steam is used, there is typically quite a bit of cost savings to achieve without affecting flake characteristics. The first step is to know what the residence time is for each flaker and to measure this every day.
For a 25,000 head yard with one flaker, a reduction in residence time from 60 to 45 minutes can save tens of thousands of dollars per year.
For More Information:
SarTemp SG Grain Conditioning System
SarTec offers two grain conditioning systems: manual and computerized. The computerized grain conditioning system employs patented, cutting edge technology that provides a customer with unprecedented quality control. The SarComputer is the central processing unit of the system. The SarComputer receives and transmits data to control the various support pieces of equipment. The modem allows remote monitoring and on-line adjustments to reduce downtime and maintenance trips to the feedyard. The heart of the system is the SarMeter. Here, the fluid system is coordinated. The water flow is monitored and adjusted, SarTemp SG levels are controlled and SarTemp SG is injected and mixed into the water.
SarTec's computerized grain conditioning system includes the following features:
- Grain Flow Weighing Device (99% accurate)
- Incoming Grain Moisture is Continuously Monitored
- SASI (SarTec Automatic SarComputer Interrogator) Monitoring
- SarTemp SG Tank Level and Usage is Monitored Daily
- Bi-monthly Reports Detail All Grain Processing Information
SarTemp SG Grain Conditioning System Information:
- Computerized Grain Conditioning System Brochure (PDF)
- Free Water Seepage Case Study (PDF)
- SarView Grain Processing Management Tool (PDF)
- Computerized Grain Conditioning System Diagram
SASI allows SarTec personnel to optimize operations of the SarComputer from SarTec headquarters and monitor product usage on a daily basis. Equipment performance data is downloaded to produce a Bi-monthly SASI Report. The feedlot operations report provides daily information about:
- Equipment Operating Statistics
- Amount of Grain Processed
- Incoming Grain Moisture Content
- SarTemp SG Tank Level and Usage Rate
- Variance Between Actual Targeted Water Added
SarBatch allows you to automatically condition grains and feedstuffs in a batch processing mode, and it allows you to more effectively control the final moisture level of grains and feedstuffs processed in a batch mode.
SarBatch precisely controls the moisture of feedstuffs, accurately controls pellet hardness, and boosts the durability of the pellet.
SarBatch also offers more flavorful and better tasting feedstuffs as well as decreased fines.
SarBatch uses microwave based sensors to determine the moisture of the batch of feed, and the computer automatically adds the correct amount of moisture based on the target.
For more information: