Setup for the Typical SarTec Grain Conditioning System
- Incoming grain is usually dumped from a truck and transported to a storage bin.
- Grain is then legged from the storage bin through a grain weighing device that measures the grain flow with accuracy to 1%.
- The grain is then passed over a continuous moisture sensor that has a patented grain cleaning system.
- The grain is then dropped into a mixing auger that has been modified with cuts and folds or has mixing bars. Water is added at the start of the mixing auger along with SarTemp SG delivered from the SarMeter, which is controlled by the brain of the system, the SarComputer.
- After the water and SarTemp SG is added to the grain it is then typically dry-rolled or steam flaked and placed in a final storage bin before feeding out.
- The SarComputer is called on a daily basis from SarTec Headquarters to download each day’s processing information. This information is then used to provide the feedlot with a bi-monthly report, which assures that the proper level of SarTemp SG is always added to the processed grain.